A recently released report by MoMAGIC Technologies on digital marketing and more precisely on Mobile advertisement trends titled Disrupting Mobile Ad Tech in India: Delivering User Experience reflects an upward growth trajectory for Mobile Ad Spend and its choices.
The survey conducted over a period of three months and based on responses from 70+ professionals from the digital marketing, branding, advertising and marketing domain other than the insights shared by the team of data analysts and business within the company, state an exponential growth for Mobile Marketing in the coming years.
As per the CEO and Founder of MoMAGIC Technologies, “Mobile advertising in India is all set to take a quantum jump in the next two years with more and more Indians, moving to consuming content especially videos on their mobile phones. With mobile data prices in India being the lowest in the world, advertisers and marketers have changed their strategy to get quantifiable results with deep user insight.”
Key findings of the report:
• 84% of the respondents reveal that the ad spends on mobile have increased exponentially in the past 2 years
• 60% respondents said that mobile spend as a percentage of total digital ad spend is still less than 50%
• For 23% of the respondents, ad spend as part of the digital ad spend is more than 50%
• 53% respondents believe that mobile ads are more effective in reaching the right target audience
• Effective user targeting and knowing the pulse of users are the two biggest challenges publishers and advertisers are facing these days
• Report indicates that for Indian stakeholders, the campaign metrics that matter continue to be traditional i.e. conversation rates and CTR.
• An overwhelming majority of the respondents polled are open to, and are increasingly adopting newer ad formats like content gamification, splash ads, video and other immersive formats.
The report emphasizes that as the mobile ad ecosystem gains more prominence and increasingly becomes a necessity, it is inevitable and imminent that the conversations will evolve from ad performance to user experience. The report highlights that one of the key aspects to further drive mobile advertising will be the user experience (UX) for the mobile ads. Balancing advertising ROI while ensuring a superior user experience, that builds brand loyalty, has been and will be a major challenge for advertisers and publishers.
An important aspect of the research report implies that mobile ads in their current shape and form ruin the user experience (UX) and pushes the customers away. Videos that play automatically, pop-ups - which are intrusive, and the oversized and sometimes irrelevant banners impact the brand image.
A positive trend that emerged out of the survey and dwelled in the report is that the entire ecosystem is becoming aware of, and is keeping the user experience at the core while designing their marketing campaigns.